Friday, October 12, 2012

New Discoveries

So. I've decided to make some changes.
Admittedly, I had to come to terms with my multiple cases of denial. However, I felt that as a traveler, I would leave De-Nile to Egypt so I could visit the real thing later instead of dwelling on what not real now.

"Denial about what?" you may ask?
Well, you know that little bit of information on all social media sites that says: Location? That was the downfall of my pride. I realized this and had to come to terms with myself and God about it all last night.
        I realized I took pride last year in living somewhere "different".  I went so far as to moving states,countries, and even hemispheres last year in my pursuit of God and travels.
       And now, this year, I've reversed everything from that- moved back to the northern hemisphere. cool. Moved back to 'Murrica. God bless it. But then I moved back to Louisiana---errrrmmm, not what I had in mind.
                  I was born and raised in Louisiana! Where is the adventure in moving back here?
and intro the little pride demon now.
I didn't realize that this was really what wasn't just my "adventurous spirit" or "travel bug" within me.
                                 It's just plain old pride that needs to pack it's bags, not me. 
So,That all aside:
Like I said in my last post- I am so genuinely happy with my life right now. I feel so blessed.
I am currently in Lafayette, Louisiana attending University of Louisiana at Lafayette (meaning yes, I am indeed a Ragin' Cajun'). I am majoring in Vocal Music Education. Yes, I'm doing the classic college student thing and live in a dorm and all that jazz. (The dorm part of life is DEFINITELY not my favorite---I really miss my kitchen.) 
I am stationed here for the next 4 years as I pursue my degree. In the mean time, I am so blessed that Andrew (my beyond wonderful boyfriend!He's from Iowa, so he's far from home all over again.) made the brave move straight from Australia to Louisiana to be with me! (He is definitely a keeper! He's just the best.)
So together, we have officially found a new home church down here! http://mlclafayette.com/ Metro Life Church! We've been attending here since the first weekend we've been in Lafayette and feel absolutely beyond blessed to be a part of a church with such an incredible vision to reach people for God! 
(You should check them out wherever you are! They have sermons online, resources on their website, and even an app for you mac or android products!)(shameless plug.)

Well folks, that's all for now, that is my update on life. But here's to my New Discoveries, with each new day. God unveils and reveals more and more of His character as we seek fully after Him. He opens our eyes to New Discoveries all the time that we may see more of Him.

“You have your heads in your Bibles constantly because you think you’ll find eternal life there. But you miss the forest for the trees. These Scriptures are all about me! And here I am, standing right before you, and you aren’t willing to receive from me the life you say you want."-John 5:39-40(Message)
-Let's not be so focused on our futures that we miss all that God has for us now!


Love, 
Kaitlyn Wheat

No comments:

Post a Comment