Friday, January 28, 2011

Be still and know.

I have completed the first day of District 1 Honor Choir today. We have had the most amazing director this weekend, Dr.Lynne Gakle.(She was my All-State clinician my freshman year-this is the woman who inspired me to pursue Music Education in college and as a profession.) Once again, she and the music changed me. We are singing a piece called Psalm 23.(the words are straight from the scripture.) She began to tell the background story of this scripture, and then she made it personal. "If King David could write all this, If he could recognize such hope while hiding for his life, you  can and will make it through your troubles, be it drama,relationships,parents,school,the future, or anything else. God will be your Shepherd, he is mine. Let Him be yours."
I have never been so emotionally touched with a song before, but as we sang this song again, I sat in my pew and cried while finishing the song, for the lyrics combined with the angelic,melodious sound moved me so greatly. It was truly a moment that God ordained to pull me through, as if seeming to wrap me in His arms like the Loving,Tender,and Compassionate Shepherd and Leader that He is. 
At that moment, the song and scripture became so personal.




The Lord is my Shepherd,
(God is the Leader,director, and helper of my life;)
I shall not want.
(I have all i need.)
He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.
(He calls and brings me to the better places he has created for me and He will grant me rest.)
He leadeth me beside the still waters.
(He will allow the quiet and calm to make my life more serene.)
He restoreth my soul.
(He restores my life and makes me new and compete again.)
He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name sake.
(Because He knows the plans and paths He has for me, He will lead me down them, because He is good.)
Yea, though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
(Though life is tough an sometimes seems hopeless and bleak,)
I will fear no evil, for Thou art with me.
(I will not be afraid because God is holding my life in his safe hands.)
Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
(Though your correction and ways you lead me i may not understand, I find peace in your promise of hope.)
Thou preparest a table before me, in the presence of my enemies.
(You grant me well being,even in the midst of trouble.)
Thou annointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
(You have annointed me, O God, and for this I am so blessed.)
Surely Goodness and Mercy shall follow me all the days of my life,
(Surely you keep your promise of prospering and giving joy to your child)
and i will dwell in the house of The Lord forever.
(I will do your ways and honor your House here on Earth,and I will live eternally with you in Heaven.)

No comments:

Post a Comment