Monday, August 1, 2011

psalm 119:1-16

 You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God. 
   You're blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him.That's right—you don't go off on your own;you walk straight along the road he set.You, God, prescribed the right way to live;now you expect us to live it.Oh, that my steps might be steady,keeping to the course you set;Then I'd never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel.I thank you for speaking straight from your heart;I learn the pattern of your righteous ways.I'm going to do what you tell me to do;don't ever walk off and leave me.

How can a young person live a clean life? 
      By carefully reading the map of your Word.I'm single-minded in pursuit of you;don't let me miss the road signs you've posted.I've banked your promises in the vault of my heart so I won't sin myself bankrupt.Be blessed,God;train me in your ways of wise living.I'll transfer to my lips       all the counsel that comes from your mouth;I delight far more in what you tell me about living       than in gathering a pile of riches.I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you, I attentively watch how you've done it.I relish everything you've told me of life,I won't forget a word of it.




So i've been studying this over and over. I would write about it, and what it means to me,as i like to do with alot of scriptures, but this is unchangeable,it speaks so true in itself. For when you have nothing else, You have Jesus to hold to, and then, you have everything.
If you're like me and have no clue what all you'll do on the road ahead, just stay on The road, His pathway, and you can't go on. For God's not a life coach that will just sit on the side and tell you "helpful hints to walk a decent pace"... no, he comes along side of you and is always with you. He's that voice behind you that says "this is the way, walk in it" (Isaiah 30).  

So while life may be confusing, and there may be so many different pathways and choices to make, pursue. Pursue God's heart, and you'll find yourself walking his way. For when you pursue the heart of God, you know Him, and know his ways and his heart. 








:) 







No comments:

Post a Comment