Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's been a while...

Sorry folks... I know it's been a while since my last post..a month exactly... ha, I really have no excuses for that except for the fact that I haven't really been sure what to post about! I mean, I could post about everyday life, since being in Sydney now feels normal. so i guess that is new! I've gotten a lot more used to looking right while crossing roads and such, sticking to the left of things/places, and slowly getting better at understanding reading Celsius. As far as things go living on my own:yes Mom, I've been price checking groceries, doing (too much)laundry, cooking,cleaning,etc. :) As far as health goes: I'm feeling so much better! I was sick with the flu for about a week and a half(Yes, I broke down and went to the doctor here about a week into feeling terrible. What I have to say about Australian doctor=well, he and everyone in the office WEREN'T Australian and English was clearly not their first language. I do say it was by far the quickest doctor's visit I've ever experienced. But... I'm still not entirely convinced of the lack of thoroughness of the examination.) So I am all better now and enjoying this week! It's been a beautiful spring so far until the past 2 days where it's been cold and rainy, but a little bit of that is okay ;)
let's see... neat things I've done since last post:
-went outside of Sydney to this adorable,little beach town: Kiama! It's officially one of my favorite places ever. The beaches and coast line and landscape is absolutely stunning!! Since there's often large rocks or cliffs on the beaches here, I've gotten to very much enjoy climbing them and sitting on the furthest or highest edge and getting the best view in the world. To me, it tells of the magnitude of God's great craftsmanship.
-finally been to Coogee beach now as well; twas nice-twas cold.
-Vogue Fashion Night Out! so that was pretty fantastic- go downtown and find that all around downtown Sydney, stores were open late and had extra awesome sales on and were giving away free stuff left and right, with models everywhere instead of mannequins. It was such cool atmosphere and gave an excellent presentation to Sydney fashion!
-Big Exo Day! So, while I didn't really get to see much of it because I was at the entrances during the event- It was such a cool evangelistic youth event- I've never seen anything like it! SOOO many rides, food booths, bands, singers, rappers, etc. and Reggie Dabbs brought the Word! and most of all- 1200 kids got saved!  beautiful day outside, and such an incredible youth event!
-I'm finally recognizing things! like bus numbers(you generally just take the m20, 301,302,and 303)( see, look, i know now :) ) and some street names... which is a big feat for me, since i barely know street names in West Monroe! 


hmm.....so...let me know what you'd like me to post about or fill ya in on...because I'm pretty much out of ideas off the top of my head. still THOROUGHLY enjoying it here! Love life in Sydney; Love everything God is doing in my life. Can't wait to see what is to come !

No comments:

Post a Comment